Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), have recorded significant operational gains in ongoing counterterrorism efforts across the North-East, including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and the surrender of insurgents’ family members.
According to a statement issued by the Headquarters Joint Task Force (North East), troops operating under Operation DESERT SANITY V and Siege Operations successfully rescued four abducted persons along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State.
The rescued victims, identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali (19), Halima Idrisa (20), Umar Abdullahi (3), and Mustapha Abdullahi (4), were among residents abducted during a terrorist attack on Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.
Military authorities disclosed that preliminary debriefing revealed the victims had been held in a terrorist enclave before their rescue, which was made possible through sustained military offensives against insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains. Following medical evaluation, the victims were reunited with their families through community leaders.
The military said a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued, while efforts continue to secure the release of others still in captivity.
In a related development, troops arrested a suspected terrorist collaborator, Mrs. Kellu Alhaji Abba, 50, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area. Security sources said items recovered from the suspect included clothing materials and other supplies allegedly intended for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba area.
Troops also apprehended another suspected logistics supplier, Mr. Amadu Abdu, 50, along the Dalori axis. He was intercepted while transporting a large quantity of packaged goods reportedly destined for terrorist elements. Preliminary investigations indicated that the suspect had been supplying logistics to insurgents in exchange for access to grazing areas.
Items recovered from him included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances, and cash.
Meanwhile, troops working alongside local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were apprehended with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.
The operation also recorded the surrender of family members linked to Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists. Among them were Aishatu Sale, 20, who surrendered in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar, 70, who escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
According to the military, the surrendered individuals cited sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions within terrorist camps as reasons for their decision to flee. They have since been profiled and are undergoing the necessary procedures.
In another operation, troops recovered an AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a known terrorist withdrawal route, a development military authorities say further weakens the operational capacity of insurgent groups.
The military described the latest achievements as evidence of sustained pressure on terrorist elements across the North-East theatre and reaffirmed its commitment to restoring peace, security, and economic stability in the region.
The Military High Command commended troops for their performance and urged them to maintain the momentum of ongoing operations in the interest of national security and regional stability.

